Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fender Ukulele mini-review

I got to try one of the Fender brand ukuleles the other day. They had the solid koa one up at Zoo Music, a local music store in Garland. I asked the guy working there if I could try it and he was more than helpful in getting it down and tuned for me. Overall, it's okay. A lot of people have complained about the thickness of the neck, which I agree can put the player a bit out of touch with playing at first, though this is easily adjusted to. It was insanely hot and humid that day (I live in Texas, after all) but the string's were surprisingly reliant, so I know the tuners were great. intonation wise, I'd say its about as good as my Oscar Schmidt OU6, which is perfect until about the 7th fret. all in all, if it was about 50 bucks cheaper, I'd jump on board, but Kala and Lanikai still do much better. Anyone has a different opinion please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment