Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Kamoa's new beauty


I'm very excited for the Evolve steel string semi-hollow from Kamoa that is just now beginning to be sold in the ukulele community. I know there are plenty of players who don't see the point in steel strung, electric ukuleles, seeing it as "ape-ing" electric guitars and therefor redundant, but I think having the option available is exciting. I greatly look forward to seeing these beautiful ukes put to use in creative ways, and the number of people that are planning to buy them means we should have plenty of excellent examples.

The steel string electric ukulele is not necessarily a brand new idea. Risa has been doing it for a while, and Eleuke is well known for their solid-body electrics. I'm a little sad to hear that the long-anticipated steel-string Eleuke ukuele has been recalled at the last minute, but these things do happen.

The coolest steel-string ukulele in my opinion? This one.

So which steel-string do you like best? Let me know below.

No comments:

Post a Comment