Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

It's July the 4th today, the day when we declared our emancipation from England all those years ago. Soon afterward we began laying the foundation of a nation that would go on to become one of the most powerful in the world. We've made our fair share of mistakes (as any hippy or frustrated foreigner may tell you), but everyday I meet people who remind me that we are a country comprised as much of well-minded people as it is those obnoxious hate-mongers the media keeps idolizing. I'm proud of where I come from, and I hope you are as well. After all, there are talented examples of patriotism everywhere.

Like these people



or this guy



or this lovely lady



even this talented non-American



America! FUCK yeah!



And of course the best act of patriotism ever.



So happy 4th, everyone. I'm proud to call myself a patriot and hope you do as well. And as we end off this post, I ask that you all stand, put your right hand over your heart, and follow along to our national anthem.



oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment